COMPREHENSIVE TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSE ON PRM ISSUES
This Comprehensive Train the Trainer course on PRM issues is an air transport industry specific five day programme specially designed for:
- Trainers working at airports and providing training to staff across a range of job categories (check-in and gate staff, security staff, information desk staff, etc.);
- Staff working at airports fulfilling different functions.
This course will deal with the legal, organisational and practical applications of the actual legislation
- EU Regulation 1107/2006 (including the Interpretative Guidelines of EU Regulation 1107/2006);
- ECAC DOC 30 Part 1 Section 5 and related annexes;
- Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) 14 CFR Part 382 (USA law).
Training of staff is needed to enable airports to comply fully with the above mentioned legislation and to ensure that best practice is put in place.
All available services at the airport and services provided by airlines should not only comply with the requirements of legislation, but should deliver best practice in meeting the needs of all PRMs. Employees must be provided with well-balanced training on the issues of disability awareness, disability equality, its practical approach in daily customer service to the PRM, as well as a specific “on-the-job” training.
To ensure that the training is rolled out widely, it is necessary to offer the course on a “train the trainer” basis, so that the trainers can deliver the detailed training on a consistent basis to the other staff members afterwards at different airports.
The course is highly participative and promotes a best practice approach towards the PRM in relation to the requirements of both European and American laws.
The trainers will be provided with first-hand information on how to provide a quality service to the PRM. The participants are invited to exchange experience among peers in a confidential environment.
After having successfully passed the test at the end of the course, a PassePartout Training certificate will be delivered, allowing the participant to provide training to staff at their airport of target groups in ECAC Doc 30, Part 1, section 5, Annex 5-G, Att. 2, marked with an asterisk (*)
The following subjects will be addressed:
- European Regulation 1107/2006 and Interpretative Guidelines of EU Regulation 1107/2006 (objectives, requirements and obligations)
- USA Air Carrier Access Act 14 CFR 382
- ECAC DOC 30 part I section 5 (update December 2015)
- ICAO Annex 9 and Manual on Access to Air Transport by Persons with Disabilities
- IATA Resolution 700
- Disability awareness
- Equipment awareness
- Assistance provision at the airport
- Overview of the most frequent complaints and how to avoid complaints and claims
- Understand, interpret and apply EC 1107/2006 requirements
- Use ECAC DOC 30 Part 1 Section 5 as the best practice guidance
- Understand influence of Air Carrier Access Act (US law) to Europe’s aviation industry
|Dates: 2018: dates to be fixedLocation:
Price for this 5-day training: € 1650 per participant
(VAT 22% will be added if applicable) Included in this price are:
Note: European Union Member States should be aware that the costs of training staff at airports, responsible for meeting the needs of disabled passengers and PRMs, can be met through the funding arrangements set out in Article 8 of Regulation 1107/2006 “Concerning the Rights of Disabled Persons and Persons with Reduced Mobility when Travelling by Air”.
For more information and registration:
or contact our client Relationship manager Christina Hoogeveen, email@example.com
or GSM 00 33 6 15 56 77 88